Most companies, whether small, medium or large corporations, are not effectively utilizing their web presence correctly. What do I mean, companies spend a lot of money and time towards gaining new leads by posting on social media, attending networking events, collecting business cards, and then what? The first call, nothing happens, and there goes all their effort.
Before you attend the next networking event, post on social media or collect any business cards, follow these helpful sales tips:
- Who is that ideal customer that you work so well with… the dream client?
- Do you know how to speak to them?
- Do you know what they like?
- What topics are they interested in?
- Does your business cards have the relevant information? i.e. your name, contact number, website address, email address, social media links
- Do you have sufficient business cards? Imagine you run out of business cards and that last one is the “one” client you have been dying to work with… what happens? what will you do?
- What does your prospective client do when he visits your website?
- Do you have a specific call to action?
- Are you collecting their email address into your newsletter database?
- Are you connecting with them if they have requested more information?
- Are you building a rapport with your potential clients?
- Are you providing necessary information that they want or are you bombarding them with unnecessary information?